Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Haircut

I haven't written in a bit since I've been really busy withe projects and just trying to complete them. Also with the fluctuation of internet connections, it's been a bit difficult to update the blog. However, to keep you updated on the latest things that have been happening, I thought I'd write some short stuff today. 

I don't think I mentioned too much about getting haircuts in India yet. Basically, what happens is you go in, sit down and they cut your hair old school style =) They pull out the scissors and hair comb, ask how you want your hair cut (also if you want a shave) and slowly begin cutting your hair. Then they ask you if you want chai. If you say yes, they go to the chai stand next door, get a few cups and then stop midway through the cut, wait for you to drink your chai, take the cup back and then continue cutting. If they're not sure what type of hair cut you want, they ask you to bring a picture. Also, once that is finished, they give you a head massage, followed by a shoulder/back massage. Not bad eh? So I went today for the second time and wanted to get a different type of haircut since they didn't understand the first time. Here is what came out of it:

 Sides are shorter, the top is longer like usual

Still not too bad

 From the opposite side it's still not bad. . . . . 

and then.. . . 


 

BAM! he didn't know what to do with the back. . . . . so he just left it

I'll be fixing it after I get home today. I had a good laugh since I didn't know what it looked like until I got back to the office. =) Thought you'd all enjoy it as well.
Anyway onto the projects, we finally heard back from the one client to determine what we are to do with the site. We were uncertain with initiating the drawing process since the client wanted us to compress 5 programs into a small site and with a 5 storey height limit. We then requested that he search the bylaws and request clarification on the issue of site coverage and density. Originally, we had approximately 85-90% coverage for the site, and that barely fit the programs he wanted. We then heard back and like we imagined, the site coverage is much much smaller - 60%. The last week has been very busy with changing the program and building design. As for the other site, it is going well. I'm almost finished drawing up the schematic floor plans and the project report draft. So far we're ahead of schedule I believe. The drawings in total will be due at the end of April so there's quite a bit of time.Everyone is the office is sick, and I'm recovering from my sickness. Thanks for the prayers and support! Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Jay

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA! that is all.
    (that's referring to the back of your head) haha.

    can u dye the middle section white - it'll resemble a skunk :P

    Get well - 100% soon. Miss ya cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...i say you keep it. that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete