Sunday, January 23, 2011

End of Orientation

I'm about to fly out to India in an hour. Thought I'd update you all on what we've been doing. There was a lot of training this week and the main focuses were on strengths, personalities, spiritual gifts and poverty. It's been pretty sweet getting to know the interns here. In just 1 week we have become family with everyone, not excluding anyone. Each meal we'd make an effort to sit with new people and continuously strive to get to know each other. It's been a real blessing learning, encouraging, and now serving with all of these great people. We learned everyone's name in the first day and then got to know each person more in depth soon after. It definitely does not feel like we've only known each other for one week, instead it feels like it's been years since we've known each other and I'm sure we will continue to know each other better for many years to come.

Funny story of the week:
My room has 4 beds in it, to which myself and 3 other awesome room mates crash at night. My bed is significantly closer to the bed next to me due to lack of space in the room. Paul, aka ninja, sleeps next to me and unbeknown to me at the time, he sleep talks and can hold a good conversation in his sleep. At roughly 2am, when I'm dead tired, he sits up in his bed, grabs my ipod and the conversation goes something like this:
P: "Hey.................Hey!....What's this?" as he points at my ipod on my bed since I was listening to music.
J: "It's an Ipod"
P: "A what?"
J: "an ipod......................."
P: "Oh! can I have it?"
J: "sure. take it! here you go"
P: "Oh! Can I have it?"
J: confused I say "uhh.. yah? I said you can take it.. here just take it"
P: *wakes up from his sleep talking* "OH! SHOOT SORRY!" drops my ipod back on my bed, flips to face the other side and passes out all in 1 second.

yup. he woke me up and I had the biggest headache afterward. and he did it all in his sleep so he didn't even remember the next morning.

Here's some pictures throughout the week of our events and Colorado Springs:




Outside playing Ninja since the rock climbing place was still closed and the owner was late.



Garden of the God's - the alternative to Rock Climbing was hiking.






1 comment:

  1. so hard to read...with such a background MOOCOW!
    nonetheless funny story hahaha...at least he holds a convo and not one of those violent kicker/slappers when they sleep (not fun at all btw =P ) Happy to know things are going well though =)

    ReplyDelete